Tips & Tricks on Washing Makeup Brushes!

20:48

What you need:

1. Your brushes - duhh XD
but don't forget about your precious little "beauty blender"
2. Hand wash - any brand
3. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - acts like a conditioner ;)
4. Old newspaper - to lay your brush on for air drying
5. Makeup brush "cleaner" - optional (that purple round thingy)

Hey there loves, 


Since this was my first time washing my makeup brushes you'll probably be thinking "ew, how long haven't you washed your brushes guuurr, you nastayy!" hahaha! well, I just got this 3 months back? and I rarely use them because Im a hermit and I only wear makeup when Im out so yeh...(shameful excuse! note to self: wash them regularly yo!)

Trying this out the first time I saw some of my errors so I thought hey I could come up with a few tips & tricks for you guys to try on your brushes!

WHY do we need to clean our brushes?
When you use your brushes, makeup, oil, dirt, even bacteria get trapped in your brushes. It can lead to clogged pores and pesky breakouts. Not to mention properly cleaning them is one of the best ways to protect your investment of expensive brushes as well (brownie points eh?). 

P/S: Just make sure you're not planning to go anywhere with makeup that day because it takes one whole day to completely dry this suckers! Maybe use them before deciding to get them washed.

JUST A FEW TIPS FROM OTHER SOURCES:
  • SOAP: 
    • You may use Johnson baby shampoo
    • Any organic oil base bar soap so you could rub your brushes on it to get the dirt out "just like soakin' em' 
    • There are actual soap to clean your brushes (you could check out sephora for that) but hand soap / baby shampoo would do the trick just fine.

Recipe: for 'em bubbly!
2 parts Hand Soap + 1 part Coconut Oil
Mix a glass of water in & walaah 



Bubbly Goodness!

Let em' Soak in em' bubbles!

TIP 1:
BUT DON'T MIX IN YOUR BEAUTY BLENDER IN THE SAME BOWL
THIS WAS ONE OF MY MISTAKES :(

&

TIP 2
RUN SOME LUKEWARM WATER THROUGH ALL
OF THE BRUSHES AND BEAUTY BLENDER BEFORE SOAKING 
-This is to get rid of visible dirt before soaking them in the soap solution.

DO'S :

  • Set a separate bowl with your soap mixture for your beauty blender because I realised that my brushes that I used for my eyeshadows had transfered them "smokeyness sass" into my precious little "beauty blender" so yeh. Make sure to do them separately for your beauty blender. Brushes in the same bowl is all good in the hood :D

DON'TS:
  • Don't mix your beauty blender and brushes together in one bowl because your eyeshadow pigment residue will definitely transfer to your beauty blender and makes it even harder for you to clean your beauty blender once soaking is done. -.- I wish I knew earlier but hey, you learn from your mistakes ;)

Here comes the fun part: Air drying these babies and all you need is an old newspaper!

Anddddddd you're done! 


Love,
Azie <3

Follow my social media's:
Instagram: @azietelly
Musically: @azietelly








You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe